Thursday 27th September 2018, from 14.00 til 17.00
Lift 45 White Lion St, London N1 9PW (map)
Ticket Prices: Ticket £45 + VAT & Booking fee
Handmade in Britain provides outstanding workshops addressing all aspects of a designer-maker’s career. Drawing on over a decade of experience, and access to the industry’s leading experts, we create tailor-made workshops to suit the needs of individuals and organisations. Join us for our next workshop in September to learn how to market and sell your products in the most effective way.
Whether you are running a creative business or have recently launched your brand, understanding how to market and sell your products in the most effective way is absolutely crucial to your success. There is so much advice available already but how do you know that it’s specific to your brand? We have created a highly informative, interactive and impactful masterclass to help you and your business in your next steps.
We will teach you necessary skills and give you tools which you can immediately apply to your business and start seeing its benefits. We will also cover strategies specifically designed for designers/makers related to brand communication, PR, marketing and sales. Handmade in Britain
1. BRAND PRESENCE AND PHOTOGRAPHY OVERVIEW:
• Understanding the importance of developing a clear brand presence that can compete in a marketplace. This includes creating a strong brand voice and communication (visual and written format)
• Ensuring that product offer fits well within your product category / market positioning (based on similar products, pricing and customer service)
• Photography preparation and execution that reflects brand voice and ethos.
2. MARKETING YOUR BRAND STORY OVERVIEW:
• Understanding the importance of creative and inexpensive marketing through an exceptional, well-considered and realistic marketing plan
• PR (online – social media strategies and offline – networking, collaborations etc) including writing press releases and tips on pitching to press and collaborators.
3. SALES STRATEGIES OVERVIEW:
• Developing a clear and concise collection with the right sales strategy
• Understanding the importance of margins and having the flexibility to implement promotional strategies and taking advantage of seasonal promotional activities.
Handmade In Britain
Handmade in Britain was established over a decade ago by engineer-turned-designer Piyush Suri, advocate of everything handmade. After working for a few years in the industry, he single-handedly built his initiative to support and promote British designer-makers.
Throughout its existence Handmade in Britain has provided a platform to support and promote design and craft talent through fairs, events and pop-ups. Workshops and business mentoring are also key to Handmade in Britain’s mission to support the designer-maker communities. As a company we work hard to increase accessibility, create new market opportunities and maintain high standards in the contemporary craft sector, whilst providing a comprehensive support programme for new graduates and up-and-coming design talent. We continue to grow and expand, increasing opportunities for our members and raising our profile within the sector and beyond.
Handmade in Britain
Old Paradise Yard
20 Carlisle Lane
London SE1 7LG
Featured image, by Richard Shock RPT
Back to Turners Events